Rainy Days and Mondays really don't get me down

I am the kind of person that actually really enjoys rainy days. It makes me feel cozy and I love how fresh and clean the air is, especially with all of the pollen in the air this spring. I love to walk out onto the deck for a few moments and feel the rain on my face. I also have never really minded Mondays. I always thought of it as a fresh start.
I adore this photo of Al and I at Stags' Leap Winery. It was one of the most perfect of days in my life. We had a private tour of this winery with D&D. We had so many laughs and tasted some exquisite wine. It was one of those relaxing days where we hadn't a worry. Those are moments to cherish.

This is another favorite day. My birthday in Las Vegas last year. The day lasted a full 24 hours with a possible 4 or 5 hours of sleep. We arrived just before midnight on May 16 so I was awake when it started and it was fun to hear Happy Birthday several times! We had another carefree trip where sunning by the pool was our priority next to lots of buckets. :)

Carefree Favorite Day #3, Aruba in March, 2004. Al and I took a Caribbean Cruise and my favorite day was when we went to Aruba. We played on the beach and rented a jeep to explore the little island. We went to the rocky side of the island where we saw all of these little pile of rocks stacked so perfectly. We have since done that at home as well.


I love this picture of Carlos at last years PGA Tournament in Chaska, Minnesota. He got signatures from many of the pros and was clearly proud of his accomplishments. This flag is one of Carlos' special treasures. Look how happy and carefree he looks in this picture.

This was another wonderful day last June. My mom came to do a belated birthday celebration. We went to high tea at the St. Paul Hotel and then that evening she and Al and I went out for a fun dinner outside on the patio at Redstone. We had a great time that night. I look forward to her visit next week and our special tea on Saturday. My friends are coming with their moms, too which will be extra special.
I wish everybody a happy and carefree day every now and then. A little escape from every day pressures is good, don't you think?

Happy Mother's Day!

Comments

  1. "A little escape from every day pressures is good, don't you think?"

    ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts