And the Cradle...Will Rock...

That Van Halen song is stuck in my head for no apparant reason. I wonder how that happens. I really thought Michel Jackson would have been caught in my own personal giggle-loop since we have watched This is It twice this weekend. If you dig MJ in the least, I highly recommend seeing it. Carlos just sat in awe through both viewings. He got up a few times to bust a few of his own moves. He now wants to be a singer/dancer, or at least he did for the duration of Friday night. He is knee deep into baseball already and it is so fun to see his progression this past year. He is so excited to play a stint at first base this year. This picture is him playing soccer, and though it isn't baseball, it is one of my favorite pictures of him, after all it IS Mother's Day.

Speaking of Mother's Day we put on a fabulous brunch for Al's family today. Everything turned out so tasty, if I do say so myself. Among the many yum yums, the main wow! was none other than Ina Garten's Fruit Salad with limoncello-recipe to follow. My own mother, however was busy obtaining her license to do this:
She is very very proud of her accomplishment-she got her motorcycle license. She has a scooter, but because of how fast it travels she needs the motorcycle endorsement on her driver's license to drive it. Legally. I can't wait to see it in person. What an inspiration to step outside your comfort zone and do something new. We should all challenge ourselves in this way. I think the accomplishment is bigger when you step outside your norm, don't you think?

I love my little ladies with matching coats. This, ladies and gentlemen is Renee and Rachel, the daughters of our best friends. I love these girls like my own. We got to hang out with them for the evening when Brian and Laura went to a fancy work event-lucky us! We had just returned from a "night walk" but without the scary commentary from Brian, just a moonlit November Saturday night walk. We brought walkie talkies so we could talk to Al and Carlos along the way. We, however, will be trading in our matching turquoise winter jackets for swim suits and mouse ears soon. Our families depart for DisneyWorld this summer. We have been planning for a long time and it is just around the corner-the excitement is mounting. I heard through the grapevine one of my lovely ladies was ready to start packing her suitcase, a girl after my own heart. I am the Queen of Pack-Repack-and-repack-Again.
Here is the recipe for Ina's Fruit Salad with Limoncello:
I travel the same road back and forth every day. Back and forth, back and forth. I have decided to try to drive on one new road as often as I can. Why not see something new? It doesn't have to be a big something new, even a different neighborhood is refreshing. We all go about our daily business being the slave to our own grind (yet another rock song floating around in my head) and busting out of the box in little ways is important to keep things from getting monotonous and boring.
To making it count.

Comments

  1. What a wonderful post! YEAH for your mom! LOVE the picture and good for her! Can't wait to hear how it goes! I am so excited for you for Disney. How I wish I could pack myself in your suitcase. So happy Carlos is enjoying Baseball. He has such a zest for life...just like his incredible mama! love you sweetie! To making it count! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great recipe to try. You're going to have to come out with another cookbook! / Great picture of Carlos! Looking forward to the birthday tea at the Saint Paul Hotel. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts