I have wanted to make a comeback to my blog, but wondered how to carve the time out to write and still do all of the other things like work, be a mom and work on working out.  The only way to do it is to jump in with both feet!

I have missed my little corner of the world here.  Add this to the long list of things I would like to start, continue, finish and do this year!   I have found that the mechanics of my blog have come a long way since I last posted making it easier to do many things much much simpler.  Grab some cafe and let's catch up!


Here are a few photos to see the goings on in Cafe Marisa the past few years:

Carlos earned his Black Belt

Al and I were front row for Van Halen directly in front of Guitar God Eddie Van Halen 

Carlos watched Dumb and Dumber for the first time

I bought myself a pair of gorgeous Tiffany Blue Chuck Taylors

Carlos' baseball team one 1st place and we had a pool party in our new pool!

Carlos went to Camp Warren for the first time.  All by himself. He LOVED it!

Our family made a treasured new friendship

I had the privilege of running (wayyyy behind) with Carlos in his first 5K race

Carlos returned to Camp Warren with one of his oldest and trusted friends, Zachary.

We welcomed Hunter to our wonderful circle of trust!

We enjoyed wine along the Mississippi

Carlos and friends held their first Fantasy Football draft in our garage

We began 5th grade back at our old neighborhood school

We explored new territory along Lake Superior

We all three went to the last game at the Metrodome

We visited the stunningly beautiful Los Cabos, Mexico

I had lunch with an old friend today.  We haven't seen each other or spoken to each other since 1997 because our lives spouses, families and jobs took us in different directions.  We met in orientation for jobs we both took in 1995.  Our personalities and interests were, and still are so similar.   We would laugh (not giggle mind you, but full on LAUGH) at the same quirky things while we dreamed of doing things like being in skits on Saturday Night Live.  Had our lives taken different turns this day in age we would have been able to stay in contact with email and Facebook or one of the many forms of social media.  I realized how much I missed her.  We spent almost two hours at Mozza Mia catching up on things and remembering people and jokes from that time in our lives.  One thing rang true we still have the same sense of humor.  Isn't it something how unique that is?  To meet somebody that laughs at the same things you laugh at?

We talked about our kids and how we got to where we are today.   We are both still the same dreamers of yesterday but with a hint of experience under our belts.  I wish I had photos to share from yesterday and today.  We discovered we both look exactly the same as the last time we had seen each other.  How fortunate that neither of us has aged a day in 16 1/2 years!  Here's to rekindling an old friendship.

I have always loved sharing my favorite recipes.  This soups flat out rocks!!! It is my absolute favorite soup to make on a chilly autumn or winters day.  You can click on the title below for a link to the recipe.

The ingredients

Brown the pancetta and sauté vegetables and herbs

Simmer, then add fresh spinach and beans

If you have not tried this before you need get on it, yo!  See you soon!


Comments

  1. Love your blog Marisa. Great pics and commentary��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also - want to try the recipe. May have to modify for vegan but it will still be good

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts