Snow Cold and Sunshine. And more snow.

As I try to think of something fresh and exciting to say about this cray cray winter we are having, it begins to snow, yet again.  But this time I am prepared.  My favorite go to Chicken Noodle Soup recipe-done on the stove and magnificently delicious!
Ina's Chicken Noodle Soup is perfect on a snowy winter day
The only bummer is Carlos is home sick.  But he seems better this afternoon, it surely must be the soup.  Next on the docket is cookies.  One of my friends once posted that as soon as she heard school was closing due to weather two sticks of butter landed on the counter to soften over night for baking the next day while being snowed in.  It made me laugh because nothing says baking and homemade soup like snow falling from the sky.

Butter waiting to be made into something delicious from this wonderful resource


And it definitely would not be a snowy day home caring for a sick boy without doing this:

My Nespresso Machine makes the most perfect cappuccino

...sprinkled with cinnamon is my favorite.  I add a little Sugar in the Raw for Alan


I love love love my Nespresso machine! Especially on a day like this:

Life inside our very own snow globe.  Our pool is under this heavy thick blanket of snow.


In a few short months our back yard will be free of snow and we will be living outdoors.

We live virtually outdoors from May until October, when we retreat to our cozy house for the other half of the year. 


I really do enjoy a beautiful snow storm, especially all nestled in my home with my guys.  Al is working from home this afternoon, Carlos is resting on the sofa and I am given this time to be in my little corner of the world.  I hope this finds all of you well, happy, warm and safe in your very own piece of paradise.




Comments

  1. I love a good storm too, I am lucky to be home cuddled with my dog and now due to your blog ... thinking about making cookies. Darn you! I plan to attampt gluten free cookies.
    I love your home life, it is so warm and loving!
    KK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Carlos is feeling better soon. Loved the post - feel like I'm there have a cappuccino with you. Enjoy the cozy February day in your *snow globe*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts